"So much is asked of parents, and so little is given." -Virginia Satir
Plenty Within parent coaching is about giving parents ways of remembering their wisdom in partnership with nature, their selves, and meaningful relationships. Below I list books, organizations, and podcasts that are in line with my approach to coaching: parent/adult-centric, kid-informed, and partnership-based.
Selected favorite approaches to inform and guide your parenting journey, in line with the Plenty Within approach to parenting: parent-centric, kid-informed, and partnership-based.
- Good Inside: A Guide to Becoming the Parent You Want to Be | 2023 | Dr. Becky Kennedy
- The Power of Showing Up: How Parental Presence Shapes Who Our Kids Become and How Their Brains Get Wired | 2020 | Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents | 2015 | Lindsay C. Gibson
- No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind | 2014 | Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- Mediating Culture: Parenting in Intercultural Contexts | 2014 | Edited by Alberto Gonzalez and Tina M. Harris, especially Chapter Ten: “Dogmamis çocuga don biçmek”: Visions of a Multicultural Family, Ali E. Erol and Joris Gjata
These organizations offer programs and resources for parents and those interested in supporting themselves in relationship with children in their lives.
- Good Inside - Membership-based community of parents or those interested in learning about parenting
- Naps - Newborn & Parenting Support for those expecting or with kids 0 to 3 years old.
- Think:Kids - Programs to learn about Collaborative Problem Solving approach to shaping behavior, at Massachusetts General Hospital
These podcasts are aligned with the Internal Family Systems approach to therapy which is the foundation of Plenty Within practices, including parent coaching.
- IFS and PAUSE in Parenting with Leslie Petruk | 2023 | Hosted by The One Inside Podcast
- Self Led Parenting with Frank Anderson | 2020 | Hosted by IFS Talks
- Self Led Parenting with Paul Neustadt | 2019 | Hosted by IFS Talks